Sunday, December 14, 2008

An Introduction


For years now, I've heard the word "Blog" used, but only recently have come to appreciate the true meaning and value of a blog. For those of you new to "blogging," a blog is a shortened version of the word "web log." That's all fine and good, if you happen to know what a web log is. I, for a long time, did not.

So, for those of you who are also dying to find out what a web log is, I will do my best to explain not only the meaning but also the value. For those of you who are far more schooled in blogs than I, I will rely on your comments to help further educate me and my readership!

A blog is a collection of thoughts and ideas which are captured under a specific web address (you've found mine under www.adayinthelifeofpamela.blogspot.com). These thoughts and ideas can take the form of pictures, words, audio, and video. Practically speaking, it's a great way to keep a journal, express yourself, and get creative. You can communicate to untold numbers of people and solicit their ideas and feedback as well. It's also a great way to keep in touch with those whom direct communication is often not possible on a daily basis.

My blog (for now) will focus on a variety of subjects. I love to share ideas on life in general, food/cooking and wine, home projects, home decorating, life in Switzerland, my wonderful Doberman "Hannah", dog training tips, and the love of my life--my daughter Abby and her antics. I really hope that you'll enjoy reading about the joy I find in the little things in my life, my observations on life, and that you'll reach back to me through the comments button!

To all of you who have enriched and who continue to enrich my life, thank you! Read on!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just came across your very nice blog! I saw you said you have a doberman. That's my favourite breed - please post pictures! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete